A great journey in progress!

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Contemplation!

Evaluating my circumstances in my life, I’ve come to the conclusion that I need to be more confident and reliable to me. Why is it so much easier for me to be those things for someone else, but when it comes to my own accomplishments and goals, I can’t? I watched a Suzy Orman program on PBS the other night and she gave some great examples on how to be a powerful woman. I want a lot of things, it seems like when you hit your thirties, you want more financial security, freedom, and peace in your life, you seem to buckle down with a true plan, I‘m at the beginning of that plan. The everyday crap that accumulates don’t seem to matter anymore, the drama from friends or family doesn‘t seem to matter as much. I want a simple life, without the malarkey that seems to trap itself into my life.
I have started this creative change, in hopes to creatively change the circumstances in my life. Nothing seems to be changing, what the heck am I doing wrong? Is this just a rough patch that will disperse in time?
I have so many things that need fixing in my life, it is hard to buckle down and get started. Responsibility in finances, my health, my weight, and just plain old living keep fracturing off into these doubts that I am baffled by. Why am I procrastinating my own happiness? I have good goals for myself, ones that I am fully confident that I am going to meet, but why am I so fearful of that happiness that I want and desire? Why do I fearfully fret about things that I shouldn’t fret about? Why do I let things go to shit when things suddenly go start going right? These questions and so many more plaque me and I’m not exactly sure what my path to success should be. I so, admire these strong women that I see, who are accomplishing long term goals and being successful. I want that for myself, is that being selfish? Why am I being lazy about accomplishing my goals or even cleaning up my environment?
I started this Creative Change in hope of giving myself some inspiration, to declutter my mind, body, and soul, but for some reason I am not feeling at peace with it. Maybe, this is just a trial period, I have no idea.
The eight qualities that Suzy Orman advises all of us on to become powerful women:
1. Harmony
2. Balance
3. Courage
4. Generosity
5. Happiness
6. Cleanliness
7. Beauty
8. Wisdom

1 comment:

Joy Renee said...

sis, you are using the 'all or nothing' catastrophic thinking. You are not seeing the effect of CC objectively if you can say 'nothing' is changing. I have witnessed a spectacular blooming of your spirit in the past three months. sure, you have a long ways to go and you don't always maintain consistency but that doesn't disqualify the effort and the many positive results. learn to see them and celebrate them and congratulate yourself for those huge steps forward.