A great journey in progress!

Monday, November 24, 2008

Prayers



My mom's in the hospital in California, she went there to visit family and to go to a church conference they hold there every year. My sister Carri called me at around 1PM Sunday night to tell me the news. My mom broke her hip and surgery is tomorrow at noon, please hold her in good energy and thoughts while she's going thru the surgery and the recovery afterwards.
Having this happened brought some things into perspective for me, Maurine is not my biological mother, she and Richard took me in when I was 13 years old, they were both in their late 50's and already raisded three children of their own. So, they should have been done, no they choose to take me in and rasie me until I was a grown up. Richard passed a few years ago, and I miss him terribly. The thought of Maurine being gone, triggered an emotional button that's been there, but been suppressed by other factors in my life. I love you mom and get better soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I came here from Joy's blog. My prayers are for you. Don't you worry, she is gonna be all right.