A great journey in progress!

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Blessings

A slight set back made itself know the last couple of days. My right ankle swelled up and my left wrist and elbow too. I am still grateful that I can breath and these are symptoms of my body trying to heal itself with oxygen and also I haven’t been able to function for a long time. Epsom salt baths help the pain and so does ibuprofen.
Despite the pain, I went to my brother Rob’s house for Christmas where we had a fabulous dinner. I got to see my mom, who hasn’t been able to see me well and she’s doing awesome herself, my sister Carri and her son Levi, and of course, Rob’s family. I enjoyed myself playing games of Apple to Apples and a new game of Catan. My brother Rob who doesn’t usually participate in games played both with us. It was fun…
I received a blood pressure monitor and warm fuzzy socks for Christmas from my sister Carri and my mom. I also got a new wardrobe from my sister Vickie too. My friend Monte gave me a gift card for Barnes and Nobles, a nice surprise.
I am still taking it easy, not going to let my ankle, elbow, and wrist detour me from exercising or accomplishing my plans. I won’t be my usual bull self and over do it.
I got an unexpected coffee invite from an old friend that I have not seen in forever. I am going. It will be awesome to see her and hear about her adventures.
I am also working on my list of goals for 2010 and I’ll be posting them here and on Creative Change. I feel that I have missed so much with the strydor breathing issue that I am having a hard time not overwhelming myself with everything I want to do and accomplish. I am having a hard time remembering that I must take it easy… It’s also about choices and I believe I am going to just choose 3 things at a time for now. I don’t want to wear myself out or discourage myself from even trying. How do you encourage yourself when you have new goals ahead of you?

No comments: