A great journey in progress!

Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Flower Power!


“And so here is the hard part: We have to go into the sludge and look for it all. Like La Llorona, we have to drag the river for our soul life, for our creative lives. And one more thing, also difficult: We must clean up the river so La Llornona can see, so she and we can find the souls of the children and be at peace to create again.” Clarissa Pinkola Estes    I've been in a emotionally bad spot for a long time now. So, guess what I've been doing? You got it, sitting around feeling sorry for myself and cutting myself off from the people who have shown me they love me for years. How absolutely silly of me to be doing. I've had plans for many years, instead of pursuing them, I've been chasing a fallacy, an  illusion for five long years. Maybe someday I'll see the true blessing of the whole emotional roller coaster ride I've been on. Right now, that's an impossible feat for me to do. Unusual for me.  Buying myself a bouquet of flowers, sunflowers, not sure what the other two are, but they were purple, cheerful, and whimsical. A much needed display of beauty and inspiration.  Love this Estes quote. Am now off to clear my river and create. 

No comments: