A great journey in progress!

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

The Sheriff And The Toilet

Well, I had the most interesting experience in my life this morning. I fractured my left ankle again a few weeks ago, I'm suppose to stay off of my feet, so I've been a good girl this time and I've been staying off of it. Monte, Amber, my brother Rob, my nephew and his wife have been so kind in helping me out when I need anything. I can't walk and they've been helpful in grocery shopping and stuff for me, which I am grateful for. They are blessings. Back to this experience this morning, some wonderful person called the Adult Protective Services to check up on me, because I haven't been out of my apartment in awhile, so this morning the Sheriffs sent by them, let themselves into my apartment while I was sitting on the toilet. It was so embarassing to me and I'm sure it was to him too. He didn't stay too long, they just wanted to see if I was still alive and kicking. Well I"m not kicking, but I am alive. I am not angry by this, actually, it is a good thing that they have services like this, but it sure was an experience I'll never forget.

No comments: