A great journey in progress!

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Dreams, Dreams, What Do They Mean?

There is a subject that has been on my mind for a long time now. It is something that I’ve been conflicted with since a little girl. Something that I’ve been ashamed to share with anyone, only a close few, because from the history of my family, you are considered crazy or “influenced by Satan” if you speak of such things. Though in the beloved Bible that my guardian parents loved and believed was so full of truth and great insight, they still felt it this way about it, Daniel, and other prophets had dreams that were divine answers from God, they held them in high regard. Women were not considered to be of high value or instruments used by God in this way, only as child barriers and hostess in their home. I do not share my parents views or a few of my families views on God and religion. I have my own set of views of what I believe. The reason I am so heavily compounded by this subject is that I have dreams, dreams that are mere reflections of what has happened. When anyone I care deeply for is inflicted in any way or it is coming their way, I dream about them and know what they are going to tell me before it happens. It is scary to me, I don’t know what this spiritual and powerful journey is taking me or why or where I received it from. Vickie my older sister has this ability also. It is a connection to the universe and to source that is new to me, though I‘ve had it all along. I never acknowledged it, because of the fear of being viewed as a lunatic. I do not know how to accept it or if it is because I am a loony person. I do not think it is because I am crazy at all. I believe there are others out there, who possess this same quality. How do you cherish this and cultivate this, so you are more aware of it? This is my question. I am scared of it at times, especially when it unfolds before me. Is it a warning, is it a chance for me to heal or help someone else by listening to them, so I am not caught off guard by their pain, so I know how to react? I do not know. I usually need answers to these questions. I am a seeker of understanding and knowledge, but I am discovering that this is something I am not going to be able to answer.
To help me quench this desire in my heart and soul, I decided to do some basic research on dreams. On this website they have some interesting dreams facts, such as. Dream interpretation dates back to 3000 B.C. They held great respect and even the Greek and Roman’s had dream interpreters who traveled with them into battle.
Even Christians, in the old testament book of Daniel had dream interpretation from their beloved prophet. He is held in high regard, at least in my family. My mom use to tell the story of Daniel in the lion cage and how angels helped him out of it. And the one story I will remember is when Daniel does not reveal his interpretation to the king Nebuchadnezzar, he is punished. In the Christian view, at least from what I was taught when Jesus came dreams and such were not needed anymore. I do not share that opinion.
Even the Wiccan’s have their own dream Gods/Goddess’ that help them on their dream travels. It isn’t just one religion, one culture, it is a vast majority that use dreams and their knowledge to show them the path of truth. This is a curiosity to me, since in some way I have possession of this. Symbols in dreams mean things to people. My sister Joy has symbolic dreams, where each object, animal, or being means something, some choice or decision she must face up to. I believe that myself, I have those too, but it goes much further for me. I am never at war within myself when I have these dreams. It is what Oprah coined an “Ah Ah, moment”. If there is anyone out there who has more information or insight I’d be most interested in your shared knowledge.

No comments: