A great journey in progress!

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Being Hit With Curve Balls

I don’t know how to start this blog, I just know that I have to write it. It Is something that is on my mind, because another disaster hit me hard on Thursday night. My leg swelled up, and when I laid down my breathing was constricted. My friend Monte called around 9 PM and I couldn’t catch my breath and I stood up, to turn on the light, and I was labored in my breathing. When I stood up I suddenly felt hot, I couldn’t catch my breath. I asked Monte to come and take me to the hospital, but he said no, that I should call for an ambulance instead. So, I hung up on him and I called for help, I gave my information to the phone operator and I waited for the ambulance, I called Monte back and I let him know what I did. He stayed on the phone with me until they arrived, which didn’t take too long. I made it to the Salmon Creek Legacy Hospital here in Vancouver Washington. It is a newly built hospital and the staff was excellent. I was admitted in and they ran all kinds of test, I felt like a pin cushion. My diagnosis was congestive heart failure, yes, at 33 years old I have congestive heart failure. I’m feeling emotionally upset, thinking to myself what more can go wrong, how much more can I take, will these curves balls stop hitting me in my head, chest, and face? I’m feeling battered, drained, upset, loved, and blessed all at once. Monte, whom I have had a tremulous relationship with for a bit, showed me how much he truly is a friend to me. He called my sister Vickie, the only phone number I could remember, I couldn’t remember my moms number, so he called my sister and left her a nice message about me. She of coursed called my mom, and so forth. Monte visited me in the hospital for a few hours after work. Sitting in the hospital bed, waiting for answers to questions, waiting to get things done, and then hearing what the outcome was, finally. I felt relieved when I left this evening, but sitting at home, thinking about the daunting task that I am going to have ahead of me, changing my diet again, (I was diagnosis with diabetes 4 years ago, and I have managed to not need meds, because I changed my diet.) Well, I believe that saying is true, “be like elastic, learn to stretch with whatever comes along.” I don’t know who said it, but I remember someone saying it to me when I was younger.

1 comment:

Joy Renee said...

I am so relieved you are still with us Sis. Do take care of yourself. You are loved. We need you in our lives.

love joy peace
your sister-friend