A great journey in progress!

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Odd Ball

Mr. Man, my friend Montes' cat. Isn't he cute? Though, he has nothing to do what I am writing about, I felt the need to include him. He used to be my cat, but I gave him to Monte and now Monte and him are partners for life. LOL




I am feeling rested now, this morning at 5 AM I drove Carissa and Amber up to Seattle, so that Carissa can meet the ferry to take her to Victoria to see her boyfriend. It was a good trip good laughs, great music, and pretty scenery, well not until the sun light came across the sky. On the way home was not so good. Rain, rain, rain, pouring down from the sky made it hard to see, but it was still a great trip. The last 20 miles home I had a hard time keeping my eyes open. Monte kept me awake on the phone until I got home and then I went straight to bed. Sleep felt good, I didn’t sleep well, because the combination of being on a couch and in a strange house that was not my own. I feel much better, thank God. I bought some speakers that were better than my old ones for $40 and I am looking forward to hooking them up tonight, now that I am feeling awake. LOL I have some big plans, and though last night I was feeling unsure of things, it is funny how the light of day can bring some perspective on things. I had a good talk with Amber on the way back home this morning, she is going through some major changes herself, the unknown is a frightening place, but we can’t stand still waiting for things to happen, we have to keep moving on and be the strong capable people we are. I’ve been questioning myself, repeating patterns that are not serving me well, giving up on myself, my perspective, beliefs, and I don’t want that bull in my life. Hibernating myself away from the world is not going to solve my problems or keep me safe, I have some plans. My big sister Vickie wants to purchase an apartment 4 or 8 plex here in Vancouver where I live and have me manage it with her. That would be a cool investment opportunity for me, and I’m going to do it. So, I’ll be searching out some possibilities in that area. Second, I’m going to continue to lose the weight that I so desperately want to lose and keep on going down that path. I just bought Bob Greens’ new book, “The Best Life Diet” and I also got the companion book to keep track of your progress. I am looking forward to reading it, and I am also looking forward to reading Wynonna Judds’ biography, I read her moms, but Wynonna is a fascinating woman in my eyes, so is Ashley. Actually, all three are awesome.

No comments: