A great journey in progress!

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Sunday Serenity #5

What brings me serenity is gaining order in my life. I gained order, by obtaining a car, which is essential for me to keep my freedom. I rearranged my living room this evening, tearing down some old furniture that was not serving me well, hooking up new speakers, and I like the placement a lot better. Serenity isn’t just inside of us, but is in our homes, cars, and the places that are around us. If I want peace, I have to make my environment organized, peaceful, and happy, not for company but for my own comfort and enjoyment. I bought some scents to enjoy in my own, and other things that will bring a sense of serenity, peace, and a well balanced life for me. Learning to make notes to keep me mindful of what needs to get done, listening to the people, who truly are my loved ones is also essential for me too,even when I don't like what they are saying.

3 comments:

Joy Renee said...

yes our surroundings sometimes reflect our inner self and our inner self can reflect our surroundings. thus work to put order in one will often increase order in the other.

love the pic of the poppy in the post below. i know i'm being lazy to comment on it here instead of there. but it reminded me of serenity when i saw it.

thanx for visiting my SS sis. don't forget to stop by the hub to leave your link: www.sundayserenity.blogspot.com

love joy peace

ps mr. man reminds me of my cat Kahlua from way back in 83

Ed's Thread said...

Bringing order does ring a real sense of serenity. It has been a while since I visited your Blog and joy has encouraged me to join Sunday Serenity and I wanted to share my first effort with you.

Ed Davis
edsthread.freehyperspace.com

Joy Renee said...

hey sis. long time no hear (email) no see (IM list) and no blogging? whazzzup? hope its just all that driving in ur new red toy. but u know me. i fret.

since you have comment moderation on, you don't need to post this if you don't want to. i'm just trying to raise a ruckus in places you use to haunt.