A great journey in progress!

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Beauty And The Beast

What is beauty? This is a subject that is on my mind this afternoon. There are several reasons for this subject on my mind. First, is a week ago, my big sister and I discussing beauty from an essay from Sarah Ban Breathnach titled "You are beautiful". She states in the first sentences "You are beautiful right now. Today. Just the way you are, just the way you look as you read these three words. You. Are. Beautiful." Boy did this bring up a discussion, one that took awhile on the subject of beauty. This is not my normal care, not until recently. I don't care about all the hype, makeup, hair, products, looks, and stuff. I have taken this rebel attitude to the fullest of the full. So far, in fact, that I am offensive to some people. Partly, this is due to a past life that I lived, and the other is do to what the heck do you do about some of these things that come up. Some of them are embarassing. I do have one dear friend Amber, who has showed me things about make-up, I have taken some of her methods and even invented some of my own. Finally, I am able to apply foundation, and all that goop on my face without feeling nervous anymore. I apperciate Amber's view point, it does make you feel better when you take care of yourself. That includes some beauty regiments and learning to appreciate yourself and realizing that taking time in caring for yourself is important. I have discovered, just recently, that there are ways to take care of your hygiene needs on a tight budget, or actually a almost none exhistant budget. I am not perfect at this concept yet, it is still new to me. I am taking notice, I am loving me enough to care about my beauty. I know I'm not going to be no Cindy Crawford, Madonna, Charlize Terron, or even Angelina Jolie. I am going to be me. I am beautiful inside and out the way I am. I have one hope that every woman realizes this and appreciate each others beauty and differences

No comments: