A great journey in progress!

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Ultimate Weight Solution

“The Ultimate Weight Solution” by Dr. Phil McGraw, this is a book I am reading now. I picked it up last summer, but I haven’t read it yet. I just started it this morning. A lot of truth is in this book. I am enjoying it. It has some ideas in it for goal setting, such as, setting realistic goals, what to do instead of, and a lot of other ideas. I decided I have 135 pounds to lose to get to my ideal weight and I have an action plan to help me get to that goal. I have gotten some fabulous ideas for other parts of my life, while I am reading this book. I am in the chapter that is explaining the first key to his plan, “Right Thinking”. I am finding it helpful, because my thinking been distorted by things in my life, that I have to change the way I think about myself and things in my life. I have to be accountable to myself, I have to acknowledge, work through, and decide what I need to do. I have known this for a long time, I am more than positive there have been people in my life who have spoken to me, but I have not listened to what they had to say. I was not ready to learn or to be out of the pit of denial that I built around myself. I have been ruled by lies, muck, pain, the past, and frankly, I am tired of living in the self destructive way. I deserve better, I have better, if only I let myself have it. I am realizing this, though, the people who have proclaimed they care about me, maybe they do. I do not know, that is something that will be revealed when the time is right. As of now, my goals are these: I am going to share them, even though they are personal.

Goal 1~~~ I want to lose the 135 pounds I have left to lose, I intend to do this by eating more vegetables, which I have not been doing. Exercising by using my balance ball, walking around town, on hikes, and such.

Goal 2~~~ I want to stop using food as an emotional crutch, a savior for my pain or because I am bored. I intend to do this by getting out more, by exploring my town, the museums, the beach, visiting friends or family, gardening, cleaning, reading, writing, or whatever comes to mind.

Goal 3~~~ I want to change how I deal with the things in my life, value me, express myself to others in my life. Not give everything I have away to others, including my emotions, my values, my personality, my money, my things, or my time. I want to be in charge of who I am. I intend to do this by taking time to explore the things that I like, and things that are new to me.

Goal 4~~~ I want to stop relying on someone else to show me who I am or making me feel like I am real. I plan on doing this goal by spending time learning what I want, what I like, or what my goals are through reading, writing, exploring, and accepting the criticism that people have and accepting their advice and opinions.

These are my goals for right now, they are probably going to change as I explore things in my life. I am awake, maybe for the first time in my life. I am feeling happy, hopeful, and at peace with the path that I am on. I am choosing to go ahead and stop living in my past, living the life that was the views of someone else, I am changing it and I have the authority and the power to do so.

No comments: