A great journey in progress!

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Music Of The Heart

A new beginning, a different start. Tonight, while I am cleaning, checking email, doing myspace, and such. I am listening to some cds. It's been awhile since I actually listened to music, can you believe that I am saying that? I am listening to my country. It stems from my childhood, I am well rounded in my music. I love a little bit of every thing. Old, new, in between, and odd stuff that some people never heard of. Living with a man, who had a massive collection of music. I gave so many cds, cassettes, and lps away that I looked like a freak. I kept some for myself, don't get me wrong. I like Reba McEntire, yes, she isn't the best singer in the world, but she happens to choose thought out and passionate songs. I have to be in the mood for her, just like any of the music that I happen to have in my collection. I have to be in the mood, the only artist that I am in the mood for all the time is Tori Amos. This one song caught me off guard by Reba tonight. In fact, I replayed it a couple of times to make sure the words sung, were what I heard. This one section of the song, I absolutely triggered a thought into my head. How in the heck did the writter of this song get into my head? How did they know my life? How did they know period? I experience that in songs all the time. I experience that not only in songs, but in books, tv, movies, and all kinds of things. Lately, my eyes have been open to a lot of the things around me. The people in my life, friends, family, neighbors, grocery clerks, other students, and artists. The part of the song that blew me out of the water.....
What i was so afraid ofTurned out to be my freedom in disguiseNow i know what i'm made ofGuess it just took some time to realizeI was blind i couldn't tellPut too much faith in someone elseI gave up on myself
Giving up on myself, I have done this.... I am in the process of mucking through the crap to get to the other side of life, my life.

No comments: