A great journey in progress!

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Sunday Serenity #6

Something that brings me serenity, Is when I cook for someone else. Making them a meal, that I fashioned with my own hands gives me a chance to show someone that I love them. Not only that, the feel of the knife in my hands while I am chopping, I don’t know the rhythm, the action, the whole shebang just calms me. The process of cooking, working in the kitchen, cleaning up, and having a rewarding meal is what brings me peace of mind.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know the feeling well.

Ed
http://edsthread.co.nr

Joy Renee said...

i glad you feel serene with a knife in your hand. lol

for me, the only implements other than writing implements that bring serenity are those to do with sewing. hand-sewing. i've been nervous around sewing machines ever since i ran the needle over my finger with mom's when i was playing with it around four or five years. and nervous around kitchens ever since i caught an oven mit on fire around age eleven.

wonderful that cooking gives you pleasure. and wonderful you are aware of it.