A great journey in progress!

Friday, August 19, 2005

The Journey Of The Unknown

Sunday night of August 14th my friend Amber and I took off on a road trip to the great unknown, the USA. She has taken the path that we went on before, so she knew how to get to where we were going, Tennessee. We are there on, it was an adventure that I will never forget. I am here in Tennessee at a Motel 6, writing this blog. I am road weary, tired, and exhausted, but I still have some peace and awe what I have just experienced the last few days. I have journeyed through Oregon, California, Arizonia, New Mexico, Oaklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, and Tennessee. We have made several stops and took some awesome photos, even while driving, imagine that. My black honda has a sunroof, so while one of us was driving, the other was sticking her hand out of the sunroof snapping pictures on our digital cameras. Surprisingly the pictures have turned out, LOL.
While driving through the Mojave dessert on our way to Arizonia, I saw the most beautiful sunrise that I have ever experienced in my 31 years of life. It was beautiful, it looked like someone was out there with a paint brush painting the sky with pinks, purples, blues, and reds. It was awe inspiring and peaceful out there. The dessert made the sunrise even more spartacular. While driving I felt at peace, I felt alive. I have never taken a trip like this before. It was out of my comfort box, out of my normal day to day living. Yes, I have taken vacations, but this was way different I was an adult, I was free to stop anywhere I pleased, I could actually enjoy the vacation and not be in a hurry . It was great.
We made it to Arizonia, and we stopped in Havosac and saw the London bridge. This guy in 1962 bought the orginal london bridge that the tower bridge in london replaced. He numbered the bricks and pieces of the bridge and put it back to together over this lake in Havosac. Amber and I had a heck of a time finding it, but we did. It is being used today. It was as my mind pictured it, it was a cobble stone bridge, but it wasn't as big as I pictured it. I wonder if our imaginations make things better than they actually are? It was great seeing it though. Our next stop was the Grand Canyon. That was a big dream of mine since I was a child, it was coming true. It was a big thrill to me, even though I was tired, hadn't slept for a few days, I wanted to see it. We made it there, paid our 20 dollars and took some awesome pictures of that too. The grand canyon was so amazing, it took my breath away. The view, WOW, was sooooo cool. Amber and I both screamed in excitment when we saw the window trying to find a parking spot the view the canyon gave us that day. The clouds in the sky made it even more beautiful to me. Walking on the edge of the canyon was exhilarating and the view down below was so cool. It is the biggest ditch in America. LOL. My brother in law Bobby said to me on the phone the other day. We stayed in a hotel in Williams and slept and then took off again heading for our destination. New Mexico, we drove by it at night, so I didn't get to see it, on the way back I am hoping to see it in the light of day. Texas' panhandle wasn't so great to me. Nothing but dry dessert with oil fields, or a big cross that looked ridiculous out there in the dessert. It was church sign of some sort. We drove through Oaklahoma and that was cool. I saw some world war 2 air craft there and I saw some cool windmills, but that was about it. Arkansas was ok too. It was, a lot of trees and stuff to look at. I'll wirte more later.

No comments: