A great journey in progress!

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

True Colors

I have been doing alot of thinking the last few days, especially after getting the news about my dads upcoming surgery, which is tomorrow morning at 8am sharp. I have a belief that each person in our lives has a purpose, they don't just come into your life for no reason at all. I have many people in my life and each one of them has a purpose, has value, has significance in my life. Some of these people have been there for a real long time and some have just shown up. Seeing each person for who they are and accepting them as themselves is a challenge in itself. I have a hard time doing it, but how can I expect them to accept me, if I don't accept them? Obessing about someone being different isn't a good idea too. I figured out what my problem has been with some of my latest friendship, i've been obessing about them and whether or not they like me. That is ridiculous for me to think about, why else would they keep talking to me, or coming around if they didn't care about me at all. I have done a lot of growth these last few weeks, especially now. Appreciation for the things that I have, my family, my friends, my health, my home, and mostly for who I am. I have been struggling to find out who I am, what I am all about. It has been a difficult road that has been paved with many obticles in my life. I have a negative attitude, my good friend Amber, has told me to think postitivly about things. It is a difficult thing for me to do. Choices are everywhere, when you least expect it you have to make a choice, some are harder than others. Right now, I am preparing for my dads surgery, I am preparing for my upcoming vacation with my friend to Tennessee. I have never been on a road tirp before, especially one that is that long. I am looking forward to it, I love traveling and having new adventures. I have had several in the last few days and I am hoping my whole life will provide me with different adventures.

No comments: