A great journey in progress!

Friday, August 05, 2005

MT. St. Helens

I just had the greatest adventure in my life. I thought today was going to be a horrible day, especially after last night. I will tell you about it after my wonderful experience. Mt. St. Helens is a beautiful volcano that is in Washington state. When I was 6 years old it erupted and today my friend Amber and I took a helicopter ride to it. We were 1 mile away from its rim, I got some great shots from my digital camera. I have never been in a helicopted before, I was nervous. Seeing the mountain up close was a experience that I will never forget. I have never been close to this mountain in my life, it was bigger than I had ever imagined it to be. The dome that is forming now, was so big, (a team of scientists were flying in another helicopter next to us to the dome to drop a wire instrument to measure with, so we got to see how big the dome was compared to something else.) I cannot fully describe what it was like for me and for my friend.

No comments: