A great journey in progress!

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Week In Review

I have been fighting off my urges to call Monte. I am proud of myself. The temptations been great, but I have not given in. The first week has been the hardest, in the pursuit that I seek for myself in this matter. I am waiting for him to contact me. I believe what he said about not wanting to lose my friendship. I am learning new things while doing this about myself, about Monte, about my other relationships. I have not explored all the options that I have in this area. I have different types of relationships in my life. That is my quest right now, exploring them and engaging in these relationships and not just expecting one person to be my sole everything.
Tuesday, I went to my mothers for a visit. I have not been down there in awhile. It is hard to be in the house sometimes, because of my dad not being there anymore. I keep having this expectation of him walking out of his office with a book in his hand and start talking about his latest read. This time, my mom and I had a big talk about things, a serious talk. We have never engaged in such a conversation. We were talking about the loss of our partners in life. It has been over two years since Rick passed and my dad passed away 9 months ago. My mom does not show her emotions easily, everything is in a Polly Anna world to her. It was nice to have my mom be real about the emotional state she has been in, concerning my dads death and her twin sisters. After our talk, we went out to the backyard and gardened. I love gardening, getting my hands all dirty, seeing the worms, cocoons (wondering if they are for lady bugs, butterflies, or moths), and the Beatles. We worked in the yard for over an hour, talking too, you would be amazed what you talk about when you are working together. After working in the garden I went home and I found three of the movies I first ordered from Netflix, Walk The Line, Bridget Jones: Edge of Reason, and Designing Women. I watched Designing Women first because I love that show on tv. I did not care for the episodes they chose to put on the DVD. Oh well, it nice to laugh. Then I watched Bridget Jones, I love it. I love the first one too. She is so real. It is so cool. I laughed, cried, and had insight. I love it when you get all these things from a movie.
On Wednesday, I watched Walk The Line movie, I didnt care for it all that much. I didnt even care for the Lord Of The Rings movies either. I know music history, thanks to Rick. I hate it when they do not follow exactly how it happened. I wish I was ignorant in this area, my life would be so much easier.
Last night, Friday night, I went to Ambers house. We went to Prescott beach, it is near the Trojan Nuclear plant. We wanted to get some snap shots before they destroy it. I am going to have one cool birthday candle that day, by birthday is May 21st and that is when they are destroying Trojan.. Trojan has been a land mark to me since I can remember. I always knew home is not too far away. I will miss that massive tower. Back to the beach, I slide down the sandy hill on my butt to get to the water. I bet it was a glorious sight. Jackie and I wrote everyones name in the sand and enjoyed the dirt on our feet. I am so glad I wore flip flops that day. I felt sorry for Russ because he wore tennis shoes. Amber didnt go down, she was up top of the massive hill taking pictures of us. The fun part came, when I tried to go up the sandy hill. I climbed it like I was a baby learning to crawl for the first time. I enjoyed it, water calms me, relaxes me, centers me it always has. I love the beach, water, trees, flowers, and animals. I met some cool animal friends yesterday, as well. I saw my nephew Ricks new home and spent most of the day with his wife Jessica and their furry critters. Steve, Christy, Spooky, Coats, and gazer. Steve is a lover, he kept coming up and kissing me and loving on me. It took Christy a moment, but she warmed up to me. Gazer, much to Jessicas surprise came up to me. He is skittish and doesnt go up to strangers. What can I say, animals love me. LOL Back to Ambers now, when we got back from the beach, we watched a scary movie, that made us all scream. It is called Into The Darkness, it is an independent film. It a psychological thriller and I love those, so does Amber.
Today, my new batch of movies are here, In her Shoes, The Good Son, and Proof, I know what I am doing today and tonight. If anyone has any recommendations for movies, please send them by..

No comments: