A great journey in progress!

Sunday, October 07, 2007

At The End Of The Road

Writing, it scares me. I am not that great in the English department. I do not do well in spelling, grammar, punctuation, and all those other critical important things that it takes to be a writer. For some odd reason, my inner voice is telling me, “Jamie, Write.” I am saying this to myself “What the hell am I suppose to write about?” Yes, to be frank, I’ve lived enough lives of several different people, switching, transcending, and changing that I have lived in several different worlds. Still, despite many setbacks, death experiences, and treacherous people, I survived it all. I’m not the only person, Vickie has too and I’m sure many others. I don’t feel done yet, “Wow that sounds like I’m being put on the grill like St. Thomas”.
I feel intimidated, because, if you read my blog, you know about my sister/friend Joy. She is a writer, and though she does encourage me, I still feel intimidated by her talent. I actually, feel intimidated by a lot of people and their talent. Vickie, with her love of cooking, nature, and organization, Amber with her artistic ability and her singing, Joy with her writing, Monte with his musical talent, and I could go on forever. I’m not going to.
I have been reading about writing, Joy’s suggestion, and the first is finding your inner voice. I don’t know where my inner voice went? I think, she is here somewhere among the crap. I’ve dug her up a couple of times, she is actually looking kind of pale and frail from not being exposed to her true potential.
So, like the song “Sober” by Kelly Clarkson “And I don't know
I could crash and burn but maybe
At the end of this road I might catch a glimpse of me
So I won't worry about my timing, I want to get it right
No comparing, second guessing, no not this time” I am going to try this approach. No second guessing my inner voice, or comparing myself to other people in my life, and be open to whatever happens. I’m taking a chance on my talent, discovering what it is and how to rope it in and do something with it.
So, here I go. A new road, a new path, and maybe peace, tranquility, and hope can be found with current relationships and future ones, and most importantly with me.

1 comment:

Joy Renee said...

this is a good start sis. the most important thing is that it sounds like you. and i like that i hear evidence of true hope here, it's been awhile. hang on to that--even when the path throws up obstacles. i know i'm biased because of my own experience and i know this path is not for everyone. but i believe that writing is as much about thinking as it is about anything. and i don't just mean the logical aspect. it takes a blending of logic, intuition and feeling. that is what also makes it therapeutic in times of emotional stress or for the healing of past emotional traumas.

don't worry too much about grammar, punctuation. spelling etc in the initial stages and never while composing rough drafts. that is not the most important aspect of good writing. i'm not saying it is unimportant. just that you shouldn't be fretting about it in the early stages of composing.