A great journey in progress!

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Strong Women

I've been reading a book about different women in the world who were brave, strong, patient, and resilient in their lives or still are. I thought I'd share some of them, that I their stories to be amazing and caught my admiration.

1. Mary Magdalene is a woman that is mentioned in the bible a lot, she stood by Jesus. I want to read the Gospel of Mary Magdalene. Like many women have been during certain periods of time, she was banished and her gospel was not put into the bible. I found this site dedicated to her and it's information is truly interesting.

2. Boudicca was a Celtic queen who fought with the Brittish and the Roman soilders. I just admired her bravery.

3. Mary Wallstonecraft is a woman who fought for women's right in the 1700's. She wrote a book called "A Vindication Of The Rights Of Women."

4. Harriet Beecher Stowe the woman who wrote "Uncle Tom's Cabin". Anyone who is against slavery and is brave enough to write about it, is truly brave...

5. Susan B. Anthony another strong woman, fighting for women's liberation.

6. Mary Cassatt I like her images of art...

7. Marie Curie a scientist of physics.

8. Virginia Woolf I love her books and writing.

9. Ameila Earhart A woman aviatar.

10. Margaret Bourke-White a photographer

11. Dorothy Hodgkin another woman scientist, who got the nobel prize in Chemistry.

1 comment:

Rhian said...

ooh - i like this post muchly! I did a similar one many moons ago. I think it's important to keep reminding each other of the great female role models out there.