A great journey in progress!

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Neil Young - Heart of Gold

Neil YOung reminds me of my nephew Ric. He is only 3 years younger than I am. He used to listen to Neil Young and I would listen to Cass Elliot. I have some fond memories of Ric. When we were younger he and I would make cities for his toy cars, play fuse ball, ride our bikes around Longview, eat ice cream at the palor, play laser tag, and many other things. I remember when he was a baby, my first experience at the age of three holding a baby. He was my first baby. Vickie said, do you want to hold your baby? So, I did. He wasn't like baby dolls, he squirmed and cried. Strangly, he didn't cry while I was holding him, but he opened his eyes and looked at me and grabbed my finger, with his tiny hand. Our relationship is strand, a lot of crap has happened since we were children. Time, distance, and things that shouldn't have happened, did happen. I miss and I do love him.

No comments: