A great journey in progress!

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Got New Shoes, New Book, And New Groove!



The weather outside is frightful and not delightful, the picture above is a sign by my house, yes, it is snowing again. This morning got a phone call from my new neighbor Nechole about there being two packages for me that the UPS deliver guy left for me at her house. So, I went and got them, and had a great visit with Nechole and her two year old boy Michael, got home an hour later, and I got a new pair of shoes, and a delightful book about President Barack Obama that I won. YaY, so will be spending some time looking at the photos and reading the tidbits in the book, just like I did when I got an Audrey Hepburn book for Christmas from Monte this year. A good way to nurture myself, reading and learning about some cool people that I adore. The weather is apt to be the same for awhile, snowy, icy, and cold and I am not going to go anywhere. No need to, thank God. My back is better again, not hurting so much. I haven't taken any medications for it, but I've been sleeping, resting, relaxing with some herbal tea and honey, reading, and old Night Gallery reruns. I am excited that NBC has old episodes of Night Gallery and Alfred Hitchcock on their website, fun to watch, and to reminiscence. I will be doing more of that today, happy Christmas Eve and stay safe and warm.

No comments: