A great journey in progress!

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Snow, Alfred Hitchcock, and Other Musings!



Been watching Alfred Hitchcock tv shows today, I love them so much, though they were on before I was born. It's a stormy day and am sick with some kind of cold. I feel all stuffed up, thank goodness that's all it is. Last weekend, my back went out on me, and now this cold. It's always something, I believe Gilda Radner always said. I happen to agree with this statement.
I am thankful that my mom's home from California after the ordeal she's been thru. I am gratful that the stroke wasn't what it could have been, that her hip is healing, that's she's home, and that she will heal, will take some time. Her stroke brought back memories for me, of Rick. Rick had so many strokes, TIA ones, and full blown ones, and he lost his speech for a time, his hearing, eyesight, and the use of his body on one side. I am fearful of seeing my mom, because she's a vibrant 76 year old woman, almost 77, in 2 weeks she'll have a birthday, and from what Carri and Joy have said its disconcertating to see her in this was, probably for me too. Though, I like to think of myself as a tough woman, I still have feelings that go all over the place.

No comments: