A great journey in progress!

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Winter Wonderland

I ventured out this morning, mainly so I could go get some soy milk for my cereal. The storm was suppose to hit on Wednesday, but decided that Friday night was a good time. I do not find enjoyment in this kind of weather, not even as a child. The reason why, because I did not like staying couped up in the house with my mom, or being bundled up in too hot clothes. So today, I went out in the snow, drove my car to the grocery store, bought my supplies, chatted with the clerk, slipped on the ice while making a turn in my car, but am thankful that I do know how to drive in this weather, and got my mail, and then laughed my butt off when I saw a squirrel digging for his winter stash and then slip, slide across the roadway to his destination. The last week's been a vicious circle, because I realized that someone that I considered a good friend in my life, wasn't at all. She's been a friend since my teenage years, which is the hardest one to get over. When you realize that the only reason they call you is when you can do something for them, then your eyes open up and you start seeing the truth of things. Realizing the delusion that you've been under for many years, is wrong. The problem is that I still care about her and her children, that's not going to stop. Last year my sister/friend Joy and I started a creative change project together, encouraging each other, developing traits that we want for ourselves. I wanted more balance, never thought it would lead to the pruining that it has done in my life. That's where I am at, rebuilding a foundation for myself and the 2009 will be dedicated to self nurture... The new year is two weeks away and hard to believe that 2008 is almost gone. Here are some photos that I took on my adventure this morning, the snow's at three inches already and they are saying close to six, who knows... I am going to read my new book "The Agency" by Ally O'brien, that I won over on goodreads today, and drink some hot tea. Stay warm...







No comments: