A great journey in progress!

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sewing Or Sowing...




I decided that I needed to get out of my funky mood, so I went to Joanne’s craft store with Jessica today. I got a new cross stitch project. I am doing a small pattern on pillow cases, butterflies, daisies, and ferns, in colors of white, peach, and shades of green, beautiful. I got all the threads organized, wrapped around the plastic holders, ready for me to start stitching. While handling the colorful threads, I started seeing some things. At first, I was mindlessly wrapping the thread around the pearl white holder, then suddenly thoughts of where my life is heading came to me. Somehow, I have ended up back at the beginning of my life, the stitches have unraveled, and now, a clean slate lays before. I still have some of the holes left where previous stitches have gone before, but do I even want to go back into that same hole, or do I want to make another pattern.? I want another pattern. I want my life to go into another direction, and I want whole new thread.
I believe, that my funks, or depression, whatever you call it, happens when someone finally gets tired of the mucky, chunky diaherra of their lives and the soul is speaking to them. My soul’s talking to me. I am listening. I do believe in what the bible, and other books say, “you sow what you reap” and “Karma”. So, with this new cross stitch project, and other projects that I want to accomplish, I am making a new pattern for my life. I do know, despite my negative thoughts, I do have several people who do love me, they just don’t show it in the way I can see it now, maybe soon I’ll be able to see it better…

No comments: