A great journey in progress!

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Adventures In Dreamland

I am running. The smooth dirt beneath my feet, making it easy for me to run. Up ahead, a crowd of people, I know these people. I see Vickie, my mom, Carri, Joy, Monte, Amber, Rob, Kris, and Christina, but they seem to be multiplying. I push my way through the crowd, I hear their deafening voices all in union saying no, Jamie, go this way, no, do this, no you are wrong, atlas, I make it to the end of that crowd. I come across an opening to a deep dark forest. I run in without thinking, I have a second thought, this is a mistake or is it? When I look back towards the opening from which I came in, I see a baby deer looking at me. Her head cocked, her sweet brown eyes, beckoning me to follow her through this forest. She runs past me, I follow. The forest gets darker, as I am walking, I’m not running anymore. I can hardly see the deer, but she is there, I feel her presence. Every now and then she stops, to watch me catch up to her, to make sure I am following her. I am trusting her abilities. Strangely, I am at peace with this blinded adventure into the dark. Suddenly, I hit my head on a hard object. I reach up, I feel the roughness under my finger tips. The ravines in its skin, the hairy things that are coming out. I realize it is a tree, I walk around it, still on the path, I am still following the deer. Making my way along the path, I can see better with each step I take, up ahead, I see a bright light, the other end of the dark forest. I see the deer that was at the beginning there again. Now she is full grown, big, strong, and tall. She looks at me lovingly as she sees that I am there with her too. When I get to the opening, she runs off.

No comments: