A great journey in progress!

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Week 4

Journal writing is a wonderful way to get in touch with yourself, which I am on a quest of doing. Week four of the Life Makeovers action plan was this exact thing, writing a minimum of 3 pages every morning, getting in touch with the authentic voice. I am not sure what my authentic voice is saying half the time, well, I have discovered that it is time to listen up or get hit in the head. I am listening, Jamie, really I am. Talking to my sister in law Kris yesterday, during one of our shopping excursions in Vancouver, she made a point. I do know myself, in a lot of ways, I just have chosen to silence that beautiful woman that is inside of me, she is a tigress, and she is getting angry every time I get the duck tape out to put over her mouth. Writing this past week, instead of just writing what I am doing, but actually putting on paper what I am feeling, was a different approach. I have been a matter of fact type of girl, I don’t show my emotions, I keep them locked away in a treasure trove inside of my heart and soul. Well, it is time to get it out and start expressing them. This is what I am discovering about myself this week.
1) I am an emotional person.
2) I do know what I like or what I don’t like.
3) I am a good friend, sister, daughter, and aunt.
4) I don’t have to justify my opinion or actions to anyone.
5) What I believe is my belief and I need to be courageous about it and not be afraid of the frowns, cruelty, and angry results when I express myself. I deserve the same respect that I give to everyone in my life about their own self beliefs.

No comments: