A great journey in progress!

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Thursday 13 #4


Thirteen Herbs I Want To Grow For My Culinary Kitchen YOUR NAME


1…. Basil- Genovese Sweet to be exact. This is the real Italian basil. Basil is good in almost anything and the aroma is heavenly.
2. Oregano- Greek is the one I like the best. It adds so much flavor to a lot of things. Yummy!
3. Chives- Added to soups is a treat.
4. Chamomile- This plant has a lot of greatness in it.
5. Cilantro- And if you let this herb take to seed, it turns into coriander
6. Dill- This is good in eggs and fish. I love it in Tuna fish
7. Echinacea- Besides being pretty to look at it, it has some health value too.
8. Feverfew- This is good for people who suffer from migraine headaches.
9. Marjoram- It adds to the basil and oregano.
10. Rosemary- The smell of this herb and the flavor it adds to fish, chicken, and meat is scrumptious.
11. Mint- The smell of mint is awesome.
12. Sage- This earthy herb is great not just for stuffing, but in rice, pasta, and many other things.
13. Thyme- Is great in many different types of dishes and it is a stable in my cooking.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



6 comments:

Caylynn said...

Great list! All of those are wonderful herbs to have around. Good luck growing them!

Happy T13. :)

bernie said...

Tasty.

I linked to you from my TT Saddam's Cat

Anonymous said...

It's a great list. I tried my hand last summer at growing fresh basil. What a difference.

My TT is up also.

Raggedy said...

What a great list!
Herbs really do add flavor and spice.
Have a wonderful Thursday!
My TT is posted

Joy Renee said...

nicely done sis. i learned something. feverfew for migraines. i hadn't heard that one before

Tink said...

I'd love to grow herbs, but I have no garden. I've tried it in the kitchen itself, but that didn't work. Nothing beats the taste of fresh herbs!