A great journey in progress!

Monday, January 08, 2007

Week 5

To laugh often and much, to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children, to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch… to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have SUCCEEDED! Emerson


I got this quote on a card from my sister Vickie in the mail. I have been feeling like a failure for awhile, I have royally screwed up in a lot of areas in my life. I have been depressed for a long, long time, instead of dealing with what I need to, I’ve been focusing my attention on the things that shouldn’t be important. That does have to stop, I’m not sure how to. I am feeling like I have a lot of catching up to do, to reach the numerous expectations that are put in place, just because of my age. Is that a correct way of thinking? Aren’t we all individuals, that have different criteria of what it takes to be an adult?
As you have read in my blog, I have been working on Life Makeovers by Cheryl Richardson. Week 5, is dealing with time. She asks you to answer these two questions:
1) What needs my attention at this time in my life?
2) What do I need to let go of?
Actually, to my surprise these were easy questions for me to answer. It is funny how the simplest questions can give you answers that you didn’t know were inside of you. I answered these two questions.
The answer to “What needs my attentions at this time in my life?” is gaining my freedom in my financial arena, and to find my purpose in my life. I haven’t done that yet. Ricks’ been dead for almost three years and I am still pondering this same exact question. I need to get my head out of my butt and start working on this.
The answer to “What do I need to let go of?” was equally easy to answer. I need to let go of my friends, Monte, Amber, and Christina. To my unrealistic expectations of myself, that I am a failure, that I am not capable, and my rebellion against my entire family, who all each have their own ideas of what my priorities should be. I have rebelled against it, because I need to sit down and take my own inventory of what is important to me. I don’t need to hide from these skeletons and these unrealistic expectations that are placed upon me by the circle that loves me. So, here it is, I decided to take myself by the bootstraps and do what I deem is necessary to achieve the goals that are important to me. The only two goalsthat I have for right now, is achieving my financial freedom from debt and to become fully healthy.

No comments: