A great journey in progress!

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Tornado's Bring Blessings

Driving on I 5, thunder bolting from the sky. At first, I thought it was a shot gun going off. Then the rain, mixed with hail starting coming down from the sky. I barely made it home before the wind came blowing through. It was scary. I stood out on my porch to see what the heck was going on, I felt the hail pelting me, and I couldn’t see anything. The wind was strong. I thought, a TORNADO. Then, I went into the bathroom until I heard it was gone. The bathroom felt safe to me. Don’t ask me why, it just felt that way at the time. I have never been through a tornado before, they are rare in my region. Shingles, trees, and all sorts of things are flung around in my apartment building. My cable is out, the phone service is out too, I’m grateful I still have my electricity. That makes it better.

I wrote this during the moments after the tornado hit my home in Vancouver Washington on Thursday afternoon. I decided to spend the whole day relaxing. I read “Entering The Castle” by Caroline Myss, listened to music, watched Bridget Jones Diary, took a hot bath, and was completely contented without phone, internet, or TV. Yesterday, I when the phone came back on I discovered to my delight that several people called to see how I was doing. That opened u a vista to me, making realize that I do have a close nit of family and friends that are around me. It has opened up my eyes to my many blessings and I see things at a different perspective.

1 comment:

Joy Renee said...

Ok. sis. i will begin with saying how grateful i am you or OK!!!!

but i will go on to say that was some dooozy of a water balloon the Universe sent you. I hope it woke you up for good to the truth that you are LOVED!!!!

if you ever express doubt again i wil have to send you a dozen water balloon winks via IM.

maybe i will even mail you a real one so you can throw it at yourself in the mirror!!!