A great journey in progress!

Friday, February 29, 2008

Adventure

Five minutes before I got off of work, my cell phone rang, it was Monte. I called him back after work, he wanted to go to the park with me, the one I went to several weeks ago with Amber, another friend. I enjoyed my visit with him and our trip. We visited the Columbia River and we stopped at this awesome Catholic church called St. Johns. These pictures illustrate our adventure.

We parked at the park, several airplanes, jets, old planes flew over our heads. I captured the first one here...



We went in Monte's car. This is him with his car... The pride and joy of his life.



Another plane flew over our heads and I liked the clouds in the sky tha framed it.



I liked the way the trees framed the I-5 bridge on the Washington side. The other side is Portland Oregon.



I asked Monte to stand in that spot and I framed them all in. I love this picture. Monte has the pictures of me on his camera. When he shares, I'll share. lol



I took one of my, you can see him in his Lamb Of God hoodie.



Monte sat on his cement block near the Columbia river and on the sand. I think it was an old boat landing, but I am not positive.



This tree, all crooked, struck me...



We saw this beautiful church on our way to the Columbia river and so we planned to stop on the way back to my house. So here it is.



The St. Johns Catholic Church sign.



The red color of the front of the church fascinated me. I liked the shade of red and everything. It is so beautiful. The whole building, wow, beautiful.



Monte and the red door to the entrance of the church.



Monte in front of the red door. I love this door.



The side view of ST. Johns Catholic Church.



The Lady Of Vancouver. She is holding the church in her hands, I wish the picture could capture the beauty of this statue.



The Lady Of Vancouver, another shot.



This church bell was made in 1885. It is amazing. I had to touch it.




The court yard gates.




the court yard, with tree with buds.

No comments: