A great journey in progress!

Sunday, January 04, 2009

Home Is Where My Heart Is


I have no idea where to start on this post, except for probably at the beginning. Friday, a little over a week ago, I woke up in extreme pain at my right knee. I stayed in bed, rested, then I tried to get up to head to the bathroom, guess what? Unable to get up, I felt so helpless. So, I called 911, thankfully, one of the ambulance drivers was a woman. She helped me get dressed, while we waited for the fire fighters to help me walk down my cement apartment stairs. How embarassing!
My brother Rob and his wife, kindly took me into their home and nursed me back to health. Yes, I now have arthritis in the knees, now I am going in to see a cardiologist on the 6th to see what is going on with my heart, yet, this whole ordeal left me wondering so many things, from being grateful for my family, to feeling like an idiot. I did say that I am devoting this year to nurturing myself, didn't expect it in this way...

No comments: