A great journey in progress!

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Musings



Another photo of Frijord the dog, only his face this time. I love dogs, can you tell? I am more of a dog person, than a cat person. Cats, well there are only a few that I have learned to like over the years, but they aren't what I can loveable to me.
Today, I made some progress. I cleaned the house, one crutch, and one hand at a time, since that seems to be how I am getting around these days. I did a load of laundry, garbage detail, dishes, and cleaned up my bedroom, the place where I've been spending most of my time lately. I am hoping to get more done. Man, carrying things with one hand took a great miracle, but am proud that I did it and I got it done. My sister Joy, now is in the same predicament as my mom and I, with our legs, though different ailments. I have no idea what the heck is going on, unless some wicked fairy decided to come after all of us and cause despair, humiliation, and pain to us all. I consider mine a blessing in disguise now, though that took a lot of soul searching to come to that conclusion. You should of seen me laid up at my brother Rob's house, feeling so humiliated, hopeless, and all these negative feelings. What the heck was I going to do to change this pattern in my life? Finally, I got two great doctors, my Orthopedic and Cardiologist, who have taken great care and interest in my well being, so the hope tree is growing and blossoming. I wish and hope the same thing for my mom and sister. Joy, is now in bed, letting her infection heal. I hope that she will take these few days, read her books, meditate, relax, breath, and not take things in life to seriously, that it hurts her health and well being. I do the same thing, so I cannot condemn her for it. Self nurturance is a vital and important thing to do for oneself. I have a hard time withe perservance, understanding, and enduring qualities it takes to fight the medical system or make the doctor and nurses listen to what you are you saying. After visit a doctor like that, you feel more battered than you already are and you just say screw it, not going thru that again.
This year, I decided that I would nurture myself, whatever that means, entails, or becomes thru out the year. I got a food journal to keep track of what I am eating, was hoping to start exercsie, but that will have to happen at a later time, since now medical rest seems to taking over at this moment. Though, I am beginning to apprecaite certain people in my life, that's a good thing.

No comments: