A great journey in progress!

Thursday, January 08, 2009

Floods, Rain, and Other Disasters

This morning, got up and went to get my blood drawn for the tests my doctor wants to run. My arm is a bit sore from where they stuck me with the needle,I always get a bruise when they do that. I am thankful that I at least have one easily accessable vein they can reach, or else I would be seriously screwed.
The snow melted, then it started to rain, guess what that caused? FLOODS! Yep, my home town, which is 40 minutes from where I live in Vancouver have become a flooded disaster. My nephew Rick, luckly has not been asked to vacate his home, nor have my mom and two sisters. Man, what a bang to the new year.
I ventured out on my deck this afternoon to read my book, get some fresh air, and pretend that I am not at my apartment. I can hear the I5 freeway's cars cruising by, hear the seagulls, geese, and other birds fluttering by. I love clouds, water, and trees, so I snapped some shots of the trees. I could see the moon from where I sat and got some pretty photos of it. I am feeling a bit more flexible, never realized how important being flexible was, until I tried to put pants ands shoes on, when your knees hurt. Thankfully, it's healing and I can start on my balance ball again, and maybe the orthopedic will recommend some theraphy to help me on my quest. Enjoy the photos and everyone living in Longview stay dry and healthy.





I5, behind my apartment building...





The moon out tonight.

No comments: