A great journey in progress!

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Drivers Use Your Car For Something Other Than A Battering Ram

My friends brother got hit by a car today. Amber has been a friend of mine since we were both In 8th grade and her entire family is awesome. Gary was crossing the street, in a cross walk, and this car hit him. I don’t understand how people can drive so carelessly. I am a driver, I keep my eyes on the road and everything that is around me. You never know what is going to come before you, especially when you come to a cross walk and you are stopped at a light. Your vehicle is a dangerous weapon, it isn’t only used for transportation and hauling you and the kids around everywhere, it is also deadly and dangerous. I wish that people would have enough sense to be thoughtful and considerate and not be in a hurry to get to their destination, that they forget common curtsey of others around them. Get off the phone, stop putting makeup on in the mirror while driving, stop faxing, texting, and engaging in other things besides paying attention to what you are maneuvering around. There are others in this world besides you. I’m just frustrated by the lack of consideration. Please, I am asking everyone, be more aware of things around you, especially when you are driving. And remember the rule in all hand books, pedestrians have the right of way.

No comments: