A great journey in progress!

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Earth Day

Tomorrow is earth day, it has been on my mind since I watched Oprah yesterday and learned some helpful hints, though some of the suggestions were expensive. The environment is important, everything on the Earth depends on each other to live. Balance is the key, I do believe that, wholeheartedly. There are some things we can do, and there are some things that seem radical to the extreme. My mom recycles, a lot. She saves everything possible, jars, plastics, and reuses them, I can see the value in doing that. I do use the butter containers, and yogurt containers as storage containers, (something my mom taught me), why waste the plastic and buy expensive containers, when you are getting two uses out of one product. I have a patio, and I want to so badly start a patio garden. I am in the process of moving, and that is one of the requirements for my new place. I want to be able to grow tomato’s, a mesculan mix of greens, herbs, and pretty flowers on the patio. I would also love to feed the birds too. I have not thought about the canvas bag idea for grocery shopping, that is something I am considering doing. It is not expensive to buy a bag that is big enough for groceries and that will help save on paper products and therefore save some trees. Any tips on container gardening would be very much appreciated by me, since I am a novice.

No comments: