A great journey in progress!

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Cribbage And Other New Experiences

I had my first night of work, it went well. I played two hands of Cribbage with Edna tonight. It brought back old memories of playing with my dad and Uncle Don when we went camping with them in Idaho, after my junior year in high school. I quickly renewed my game playing skills and Edna enjoyed herself. This job is going to be easy and I can tell that we are going to get along. After work, I drove to Longview and visited with my old friend Amber. My other friend Amber, who was going to meet up with us, got called into graveyard duty. She is a Sheriff for Vancouver Washington. So, it was just me and Amber, we had a heart to heart talk, I told her about my plans with our mutual friend Monte, the month break that I feel I need to take for me, and she agreed. She is having problems of her own in her live in relationship and we were able to talk and even giggled a few times. It was a happy event. We went to Denny’s and ate nachos and drank cokes like we use to in high school, except it wasn’t Toppers. I am extremely tired, since it is almost 2 in the morning here in the North West, so, goodnight and sweet dreams everyone.

No comments: