A great journey in progress!

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Sunday Serenity #8

This Sunday, I decided to build my altar. I bought a book kit yesterday at Ross called “The Mandala Healing Kit” by Judith Cornell, PH.D. I read the introduction, and it recommended building a sacred altar for yourself. I am doing just that. I bought some candles, colors, green, white, and blue. Tonight, when I get home from work, I hope to hold my blessings for the altar and for me. Cornell, suggested that your write your intentions and keep it on your altar while you are doing the exercises. I write them down last night, and I am going through this process for inner peace and harmony and other things that are on my list. They are private and I don’t feel I should share them. A lot of personal conflicts and struggles are happening, once again. I don’t feel like going in the same circle and I must change something. I tell one person my intentions, I have to keep it for myself and I must let go of everything that was my past. It is a difficult process, but I feel in my heart it must be done. I do have some blessings and hope of the accomplishments that I have made in my life. I have a job that I enjoy, with a wonderful older lady. I do have a couple of girlfriends that I feel blessed are in my life. I have two older sisters who understand this journey that I want to explore and not holding me to beliefs that I do not share or hold dear any longer. I have to make peace with myself first, before I can actually do it with the ones that I feel are meant to be apart of my life. Anyway, I am most interested in hearing about other peoples altars, what makes them sacred and serene for them. This is a new experience for me, and it kind of feels strange, since the religion that I grew up in forbade it as evil.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Blessed Be Jamie. May your journey be be joyful and fulfilling.

Ed

Joy Renee said...

i don't have room for an alter nor is it safe for candles in this room. but i am thinking of following the lead of the Shamans and have a small pouch or box which i can put a few items that call to mind Spirt and the Sacred. a portable alter, if you will. that i can pull out and set up for meditating sessions.

there are plenty of Christian traditions that encourage alters by the way. we just weren't taught to respect their ways.

may your ways be full of
love joy peace