A great journey in progress!

Saturday, August 02, 2008

Dark Brown

The trials of living, man I could speak volumes of what this one statement means. Today, alone brought many adventures, some were completely disgusting. I hate it when the toilet decides to overflow, it is nasty, it smells, and words cannot describ the mess it makes. That is what I've been doing, well most of it. I bought some dark brown hair color last night, so I set off to do that this afternoon. After, I got the dye in, the toilet decides to do it's putrid dance all over the bathroom floor. So, I've been cleaning up that horendous mess, trying not to throw up, and trying not to scream at the porcelain bowl... The plunger worked, but still. Though, I did have a clarifying moment while plunging. I know, it sounds utterly strange that you can have a new perspective on life, while plunging the toilet. I swear, I did. Here's my thought: It is amazing how many time we get plugged up on everyday catastrophes, where we suddenly decide to spew all over ourselves and others in life the garbage that we ultimately hold in, all we need is a plunger, to plunge those negative thoughts, judgements, meaness towards ourselves and others down into the drain of nastiness. Wouldn't that be something, if that was possibly? I do think it is possible, change is a part of life, it is an opportunity to plunge ourselves into a new direction, to forget the past, to bascially take what we've learned and go into a different path.

1 comment:

Joy Renee said...

LOL sis that was a good insight. sometimes a good metaphor can really unplug out thoughts.