A great journey in progress!

Monday, August 25, 2008

Thoughts For The Day

I finally got some sleep last night. I've been sleep deprived for a day, and it is unusual for me. Though, I do know why I was, change is around the corner in my life. "I am in the deapths of despire." Anne Shirley stated, that is where I have been for the last week. Truthfully, longer than that, I've been procrasinating the things I must do to get out on my way to a life that I want to make for me.
So, I am finally getting over that defiant behavior. I am taking my sister Joy's suggestion about find a program on the internet that is about goal setting and making a commitment to myself. So, last night I found a great web site called Mind tools. I found some helpful advice on this web site. I started my list and making some long term plans for my future.

Here is a quick list of some of my goals:

Reaching my ideal weight of 160 pounds.
by incorperating daily exercise and not binge eating.

Finding and keeping a sacred space in my home: By cleaning out all the gunk in my apartment, keeping up the chores, and commiting to a routine, like I did for Edna.

Finding my spiritual practice: Following thru with meditation and prayers that I have in my collection. Working with Creative Change which I am doing with my sister Joy. Being able to encourage myself without the help of friends or family and having a balance relationship with them and with myself. Not giving up, when things get tough and running or thinking that I want to tell everyone goodbye or get out of my life, whenever a rocky patch comes my way. Trusting in my own voice, wisdom, and power, as a woman, friend, sister, daughter, and human being.

Being more creative with my photography, taking more risks in pictures.

School: Attaining a degree in college, taking creative writing classes, photography, and computer classes, so that I can create and be more confident in my abilities.
getting the money that Amber owes me, so that I can actually go to school and get started in my new endeavor.

Going out in the world: seeking new experiences in nature and in relationships.

This is a start, I am sure that I will find more as my life comes up with new tools.

No comments: