A great journey in progress!

Monday, February 19, 2007

Finding My Way Back Home

I found this song on my myspace page, I feel that this is a devine inspiration made for me, nah, that is just my arrogance coming out. I have found inspiration in this song though. It is how I am feeling at this present moment. Taking my time, going donw the road that I must, with patience and vigilance. I now have the song and I can use it as inspiration when I have those dark moments in my life.


Finding My Way Back Home: By Lee Ann Womack.

I’ve been hurrying and I’ve been worrying
I’ve been running against the wind
I’ve been betting my soul on long shot road
That a good man never wins.
I’ve been tossing and I’ve been turning
I’ve been burning it at both ends
I’ve been seeing myself in the rearview mirror
And I don’t like where I’ve been.
So I’m taking my time
Holding and hoping and driving and dreaming and loving every minute of it just enjoying the road.
Slowly and soulfully feeling the wheels unwind, finding my way back home.
I’ve been tooling along the two lane.
I got off the interstate.
I’ve been going too fast.
I got off at the gas.
I’ve been learning the charm of the brake.
I’ve been rolling down all the windows.
And letting the world rush in.
The smell of the grass and the fields that I pass and the sun dance on my skin.

No comments: