A great journey in progress!

Friday, December 21, 2007

3 Months

The last three months have been one adventure after another. I got a job, one that I love. I enjoy working with Edna and Julius and the boys. They all keep me busy. It seems that when one thing ends, all these new and exciting things happen. Some have been emotional roller coaster rides, and some have been inspirational. They just pop out of nowhere. Today, while I was talking to a friend of mine and my big sister. They helped me realize that I’ve come a long way since October, where basically, the shit hit the fan. I didn’t break, I didn’t die, I didn’t fall off the face of the earth, down a barren canyon of nothing. I put up my stiff upper lip and kept on living. A lot of big blessings happened during this time period. I got some things that I needed from the money I earn. I finally got a new digital camera that I’ve been wanting. And I still haven’t bitten my nails. It’s been a year since November. Yes, Amber, I got a garbage can for my kitchen. LOL I know, hard to believe. I am a bit confused about some issues, but I am well on the path that I know I must follow. The path to fulfillment and true happiness. I’m not perfect, but I’m learning to be mindful in the pursuit of my true destiny. Perfection is an illusion, that self discovery is propelling me to pursue my dreams.

My sister Joy visited and I got to spend on evening with her, showing her my apartment. Her first time here. I've lived here for 2 years. I got to go on a spectacular, unplanned, spur of the moment road trip with two sisters and my 17 year old niece, to Phoenix Oregon. Joy lives there and we were taking her home. Where we chatted, giggled, talked about all sorts of subjects. The age range is 50 to 17, so can you imagine all these women in one 2007 van, talking about ex boyfriends, current boyfriends, parents, things we see on the road, one that struck us all funny was a restaurant called Dung. We couldn’t believe it. And man, the things that women talk about in rest area bathrooms. We didn’t get home until 2:30 am, at least I didn’t. I’m liking these new experiences that are happening. It seems like you go down this dark tunnel, and then all of a sudden you see light. Something hit me, I’m realizing some things and valuing what I do have and most importantly, the many blessings in my life. There is one area that is still confusing, but it will eventually clear up. I’m just going to continue to walk down this same road and loving, valuing my true family and friends.

1 comment:

Joy Renee said...

i'm so proud of you!! you have made huge progress since summer