A great journey in progress!

Friday, December 28, 2007

A picture of poles in the water, I think they are what the boats tie to. The Red Lion Inn is located just the right of these poles. Different boats park and let passengers off, cruise ships, etc. I worked on a boat that docked their and it is gorgeous. It would be even beautiful in the spring and summer, but it is cold winter and it is still gorgeous. It is a pretty area to walk.



I don't know why I am so fascinated with this bridge, but I am. It could be that I've been crossing it for so long to get to my brother Rob's house and to Portland, and I've never seen it from this angle. Tomorrow I'll talk pictures where I am actually underneath it. It is so cool. Everytime we walk underneath, Amber and I joke that if a car decided to flip off of it, we are goners. LOL



I think this is a dredger, but I am not positive. I've never seen one before. No one was operating it. It sat there today in the water and it wasn't there before. I thought it was a cool piece of equipment.


This is what I am walking. It is pretty brick and I like the shape of them. It looked like a puzzle to me.



I never heard or read anything about a captain Vancouver, I decided to go exploring while I waited for Amber and I read the plaque telling about Captain Vancouver. He sailed the Columbia River. I thought it was fascinating, this skeletan statue of a boat.

No comments: