A great journey in progress!

Sunday, July 09, 2006

The Davinci Code

I just finished a great book called “The Davinci Code” written by Dan Brown. Now it is time for the movie, I wanted to read the book before I watched the movie. I enjoyed this book so much, the art history, spiritual history, and the mystery is so captivating to me, why couldn’t it be true? Rick was a Catholic when he was in his younger years. He went to a Catholic private school, and they really are that strict and violent at times. They destroyed the great Alexandrian Library, after I heard that I lost respect for the high authority of the pope, bishops, and priests, they have to seek out and destroy anything that held any truth from the people. It reminds me of the Christian churches in America and everywhere. Why destroy knowledge that will help you find out the truth of what is out there? They did this with the Dead Sea Scrolls when a small boy found them in the 40’s in Quaram, they also left out important books of the bible that were written by women, I want to obtain and read the book of Mary.
I am not bashing Christians or Catholics, I am angry that people can bluntly, violently, violate someone’s freedom of choice in religion, politics, and themselves just so they can have total power, total control over their person hood, so that these people in power can feel like they have control of everything that a person says, does, and finances. Well they may have control of their things that they can see or hear, but they cannot control a persons thoughts or spiritual things around them. That is internal and can only be controlled by that one individual. Will they ever learn that?

No comments: