A great journey in progress!

Sunday, July 30, 2006

I Don't Want To Be A Cripple

I don’t want to be a cripple at age 32. The pain in my left foot has finally subsided and I decided to try and walk a little bit. I didn’t do it for long, I walked like a funny, crazy, hunch back and I had to use the walls as braces to make it the small way to the bedroom. I miss walking, I miss not being able to get up and down on my own whims to get things done. I have so much to get done, cleaning, watering my plants, and taking care of business outside the safety net of my home. At my age, I shouldn’t be acting like an old lady, I’m not old, I should be vibrant, ready to get things done for me. My God, I am back at the same place I was before and it sucks. Then on top of this, I am so worried about my sister and her tests coming up for Cervical cancer. It runs in our family, my aunt Marie told me yesterday that she had it at my age and had to get a hysterectomy. If it ain’t one thing, then it is another. Life sucks sometimes, but changes happen.

No comments: