A great journey in progress!

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Questions

1. What do you think of space? Do you think we should explore it, or stay here on Earth and tend to matters here? I think we should explore space, we can learn much from the other planets.

2. If you could travel anywhere off Earth, where would you go? Why? There are two places I would love to go, the Sun and Jupiter. I think it would be cool to see the sun first hand, of course, I’d have to have protective gear from the heat. Jupiter looks so beautiful from pictures I have seen, it would be awesome to see it in person.

3. Do you think we're doing enough to facilitate science? Why/why not? What would you do to change things? I cannot answer this question, honestly. I think science is important, we can learn to cure diseases, explore things, and there are so many aspects to it.

4. How much patience do you have when it comes to your health? How much is too much? What do you do to fix the situation? I don’t have much patience, I should, because I need to take care of myself. Lose the last 130 pounds and become active again, get my blood pressure under control and eat better.

5. What's the one thing you have zero patience for? Why? I have zero patience for inconsiderate and judgmental individuals. The reason why is, because we all have faults, differences, beliefs, and things that are wrong with us. I have no right to condemn, demoralize, ridicule, insult, inflict, violate, or hurt anyone’s feelings in these matters and I don’t like having it done to me. I avoid these types of people like the plaque. The funny thing is some of my family is like this and they do not realize it, they do it under the name of God.

6. What are the top 3 things in your life that are most important to you? 1) the individuals in my life who have stuck by me no matter what and have forgiven me and believe in me. 2) finding happiness for myself and discovering what I am all about 3) finding balance in my life through love, truth, and grace.

7. Do you take steps to facilitate the importance of those things? How so/how not so? I believe so, I value the people in life, I am there whenever they need me to encourage them, love me them, and listen, I also am loving me too. That helps in relationships as well. I am trying to find happiness, learning what it is I truly and engulfing myself in these things. I am finding balance by admitting that I am human, that I have to learn and accept that I am not perfect and things will not be perfect EVER, and that I can still do things in spite of the imperfections. I am not in denial about these things anymore. I am taking responsibility for my mistakes and making amends to myself and the people I’ve wronged.


8. Would you ever think about changing the way you do things (priorities) so that you can pay more attention to the things that matter the most? Yes, I would. That is the step I am at right now. I am taking in consideration that I am important, that I do not have to cater and take care of anyone but myself. I do not have to give away my money, possessions, or time to anyone. It is not being selfish to say no and it is not being a horrible person either. That is finding the balance in things. Life is about balance.

9. Do natural disasters (earthquakes, hurricanes, blizzards, tsunamis) worry you? Why/why not? No, things will happen, you can’t stop it, so why stop living.

10. Where you live, which natural disaster are you most prone to? Does it make you want to move somewhere else? Why/Why not? We get wind storms, fires, and earthquakes once in awhile.


11. Have you ever been affected by an Act of Nature? If so, do tell! Yes, we have had floods here in the North West on several occasions that affected me.


12 Are you really into music? Does it get you excited, or can you take it or leave it? Yes, I love music. There is so many different types of music and I enjoy most of them. It can make me feel good when I am blue or when I need to relieve some anger or anxiety it does, or even when I need to relax. I do not know how to play an instrument, but I do know some musicians and I have great respect for these individuals that can play notes and make their own music. Showing there passion in how they play, I enjoy it a lot.


13. .Do you look forward to new albums coming out? Are you one of those ppl that waits with bated breath, or do you just buy albums when you are walking by a kiosk or something like that? No, I am not like that. I lived with someone who was like that with Elvis, I hated it. I generally down load my music off the internet or I buy my CDS at a used CD store like Everyday Music. I down sized a lot with the music, though I do enjoy it a lot.


14. What kind of music did you listen to as a kid (0-18)?. What do you listen to now? I loved country, Patsy Cline, Johnny Cash, and I loved Rock N Roll Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Van Helen, Pat Benetar, Poison, and Whitesnake . I enjoy the same music, but I have added some new stuff to it. I can’t get enough of Mary J Blige’s song Enough Crying, it fit’s the mood I am in now. I also discovered Tori Amos and I love her music now too. Her words are so awe inspiring to me.



15. What are your favorite colors? Do you use them in your everyday life (clothing, decor, etc)? I love Pink, Red, and Black. I love most of the colors too, but these are my favorites. I have a red mirror that I bought at the good will last summer and I have it hanging in my living room. I have black in my home too and I have pink too. I wear pinks and reds a lot too.

16. What is your favorite type of food? How do you incorporate it into your life? I enjoy Italian and Greek food a lot, I love to incorporate different types of cuisine in my life. I enjoy cooking and making up recipes, though it is more fun to cook for someone else, but I am learning to enjoy my own cooking for just me. There is a great Greek restaurant in Portland that I have enjoyed going to, I haven’t been there for awhile, I am thinking of treating myself one day soon.

17. What are your favorite types of clothing? Why? I am casual, though I do like to wear dresses and skirts on occasions, especially doing the summer time.

18. Do you like to garden? Why/why not? If you do, what type of gardening do you do? Yes, I miss having a plot to call my own. I am blessed that I have my own deck and I have a container garden. I am growing basil, oregano, dill, thyme, rosemary, and chocolate pepper mint in pots. I also have Glads, Pansy’s, Sweet Alyssums, Begonia, Parsley, Fuscias, and another pot that I do not remember what is in it. They are flowers that resemble roses, but they aren’t. I enjoy my deck now, I have a nice chair and my wind chimes and bird feeders out there.


19. Do you have plants at home/at your office? Are you able to keep them alive? Yes, I have a lot of houseplants, and I am able to keep them alive. I love them, they create such a pleasant atmosphere to my home and they produce good oxygen too.

20. Are you the kind of person who needs live things around (plants, flowers, etc) or does it not matter to you? Why/why not? Yes, I love having my plants, I do not know how I lived so long without them before. I didn’t start growing house plants until after Rick passed away, maybe because I had to take care of him and I couldn’t fathom taking care of anything that need time and attention. I want to get a fish tank full of fish soon too.

No comments: