A great journey in progress!

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Addictions

Addictions are hard to deal with, I do have a food addiction. I admit it and I have for a few years now. It is even more illuminating in my mind, as I am going for the laparoscopic lap band procedure and the whole process of that. I knew this isn’t going to be the cure for everything that is going on in my emotional state, but only my physical. So when my sister, Joy, Im’d this afternoon and told me to watch Oprah, because it is dealing with the weight loss surgery and the causing of patients to go to other addictions, I knew I must watch. Oprah’s program showed a lot of heart and soul, as I sat watching it, a lot of it rang true for myself. I have admired Carnie Wilson for awhile now, she is a wonderful woman, and I admire her ability to share publicly her struggles, triumphs, battles, and the outcome. This show was helpful and I enjoy Robins point of view.
I am fearful of offsetting a deep family history of alcoholism, drug abuse, sexual addictions, and gambling that strings in my family line up. I just happened to bypass all those addictions and got the food addiction. I have to change that and deal with the emotional aspect of why I am eating until I am so full, I wanna throw up, or eat until I have no food in the house, or better yet, eat until I am hurting from the stomach cramps that are brought on my overeating. I have a lot to deal with the change that is going to be necessary to be a better me.

No comments: