A great journey in progress!

Friday, October 20, 2006

Purses

I have a secret, I love fashion. Being a big and fabulous woman, it is difficult for me to exclaim this in public or even to my peers. I like clothes, shoes, purses, and all those accessories. I love looking at clothes catalogs, fantasying what I would look like in particular outfits, with the whole effect of makeup, hair, jewelry, fabulous shoes, and a totally awesome purse. Well the purse is a totally different matter, purses are boring to some extremes, at least the ones I can afford. Vickie, my sister and I were discussing this matter today, how purses are boring. She likes to make her own, in fact, she was telling me about all her fabulous finds she found at a thrift store for less than $15. Fabric at a fabric store is expensive, compared to what you can find at a thrift store. She found an old leather skirt, some sequence pants and shorts, all great material to make purses from. The purse I have now is great. I love it. It is a black jean material and when you open it up inside, there is a bright multi striped color material inside. I feel like I am opening up a present and discovering a brightly, colored gift inside. Shouldn’t we get things that give us joy when we use them?

No comments: