A great journey in progress!

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

What I Am Thankful For

My sister Vickie who is a strong woman, who is smart and fighter, like me. Who gives me good advice and someone I can talk to about things.

My mom who took me in when she didn’t have to and raised me as one of her children.

My sister Joy who I enjoy talking to about reading, writing, and goals that we both have in common.

My sister Carri who is a good mother to her son and who offers support when she can.

My brother Rob and his entire family for being there when I call or need them.

For Rick and Jessica who have been there, and who I’d like to have a better relationship with.

For Amber who is my oldest friend, who we’ve had the best laughs, the best traveling buddy, who keeps me inspired to be more creative, and believes I am, despite me not thinking so.

For Christina who is blunt like me, who gives me inspiration in the field that I want to be in and gives the best advice.

For Monte who keeps me laughing despite everything and who teaches me things about myself during the dark times.

For my apartment, though it is becoming run down with the new managers, it is still a good apartment.

For the pretty flowers and trees that I can see from my balcony and that I have planted myself.

For the freedoms I do have, being free from oppression of any sort, through religion, government, or even myself oppression.

For having my own mind, to think, believe, or learn whatever it is I want to.

For my computer, that keeps me informed, and in touch with loved ones.

For music, with the different types that are out there, different bands, lyrics, and insights.

For the books and authors that are out there, who express themselves eloquently with words and I can see the different perspectives that are out there.

For the freedom that I have now and didn’t realize that I had.

For being able to be my own manager of my own life and not have anyone to take from me, unless I let them.

No comments: