A great journey in progress!

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Five Blessings

I thought things were going to be crappy for me this Christmas, well because, with a certain friend, that I have had major troubles with, decided he needed another break from me, we had that settled, then he calls me today and tells me he is done. We talked for a little bit, and I said it is said if we can't call once in awhile to say hi and see what is up, he said you can't do once in awhile. It is still unsettled, because if it is truly done, why would he say I'll call you back, so we can talk about it. I am confused by this. Knowing Monte, he does this a lot, he has done this to me, twice before. I called back tonight, I left him a nice message, and I left it in his corner. I am taking a risk, this is difficult for me, I like him, and when I care about someone, I get close to them, it is hard for me to let go. I have to let go, I can’t force someone in my life if they don’t want to be there. I got on a tangent, didn’t I? I wanted to write out the blessings that I am receiving this holiday season. The gifts from people that I didn’t expect. I need to find things to be grateful for in my life, and not focus on the negative. I have to change my mind set or negativity will run rapid, and I don’t want to be like my real mom. So here it goes: Here are five to get me started. I’m going to do this daily, lets see what happens.
1) Unexpected gifts from a sister who lives far away. Vickie and I don’t share Christmas, we never did growing up, the last two days, I have gotten two things. A one year magazine subscription to Better Homes and Gardens, and a box of cheese and summer sausage, (anyone who knows me, knows that cheese is my absolutely favorite food)
2) Turkey is a blessing, I love turkey.
3) Spending time with my sister in law, Kris and her two girls Nichole and Sarah.
4) Giving hope a chance in the situation with Monte, and taking a risk.
5) My nice red pajamas.

No comments: