A great journey in progress!

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Thursday Thirteen # 1


Thirteen Things about Jamie

Thursday Thirteen Number One:
1. I am 31
2. My sister Joy got me into blogging and Thursday Thirteen
3. I live in Vancouver Washington
4. I enjoy cooking, photography, reading, and my houseplants.
5. I just got a library card in the city I live in now.
6. I am on a life altering journey.
7. I have 3 sisters and one brother
8. My brother Rob is called the mystic marvel, because he can fix anything, he is married to a wonderful woman and has 4 children, My sister Carri is a fabulous artist, and she is home schooling her little boy. My sister Joy, is a awesome writer, and loves books, blue, and babies and lives too far away, I miss her. My sister Vickie lives in Alabama, and she a magnificent woman and I love them all. I love all of my siblings.
9. I lost my dad to colon cancer a little over a year ago, and I miss him a lot.
10. Rick, my significant other passed away almost three years ago, and I still miss him in a lot of ways. I sold our house, in hopes of forgetting about things. It didn’t work.
11. I love the cheese
12. I just lost 25 pounds and I am on a quest to lose more, after going a year without losing any. The previous year, I lost 86 pounds. I had a long plateau.
13. I believe in having a balance life and that is ultimately my goal.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for your losses. My 19 yr old sister was killed by a drunk driver in 1995 and it's still hard sometimes, but time does ease some of that pain.

The grief is a difficult journey but you will gain strengths and new insights. Peace be with you during this difficult time.

My 13 are up.

Joy Renee said...

good first TT sis. hope you have as much fun (but with less of the stress) as I do with this meme. I'm still not up yet. Probably stressing too much. lol. you know me.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the weight loss. I am proud of you. Getting ready to start that 12/26

Anonymous said...

what an amazing life affirming list!
my tt is up.

Anonymous said...

welcome to TT!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about your father and Rick.

Glad that Joy got you into blogging. It's fun and helps you heal wounds.

Love,
nad
http://nadnuts.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about your father and Rick.

Glad that Joy got you into blogging. It's fun and helps you heal wounds.

Love,
nad
http://nadnuts.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Nice to meet you and welcome to the TT family, Jamie!
I know this time it's extra hard to miss loved ones. I lost my mum in June and I miss her teriibly. But I hope you'll have a warm and lovely Christmas nevertheless!
My Tt is about Yule.

Anonymous said...

Forgot to say: thanks for visiting my TT!

Unknown said...

Welcome to TT! I´m sorry to hear about your Daddy and Rick. Hope you´ll be doing fine (again).

Merry Christmas to you
San
P.S.: Please visit my TT #6 - Thanks a lot!

Melissa said...

Nice to get to know you a little bit. Welcome to TT and have fun with it!

-atomik kitten said...

Welcome aboard!! :)

Happy TT!!